Gaudeamus Interpreters Competition ~ harpyness

Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Gaudeamus Interpreters Competition

Congratulations to Eleanor Turner for winning second prize at the Gaudeamus Interpreters Competition 2011 in Amsterdam.

The competition was open to any instrumentalist and there were 83 participants from thirty-one countries.

For a harpist to come second in a competition like this is an astonishing feat.

Information about the competition and winners is here.


Jump to 5:59 for Eleanor's clip from the second round of the competition!

1 comment:

  1. Aw that is SO nice of you - I'm really really honoured that you've put me on your blog, that, as you know I'm hooked on! Sorry that clip of me is rather rubbish though, the room was the dryest thing ever and the clip doesn't exactly sell my performance! oh well, you'll have to trust it was ok!!xx

    ReplyDelete