being calm ~ harpyness

Wednesday, 6 July 2011

being calm

I have had to dig deep into my big bucket of inner calmness lately and have just about managed to get through the last couple of days without losing my temper.

Despite......
  • having to sightread a community opera - an unmarked horrendous harp part in open key signature with loads and loads of notes... and accidentals
  • having a 3 session day yesterday, enough to make anyone tired and frazzled
  • being blocked in the car park at 9.30pm by some silly woman who was refusing to move her car
  • being told I could park in a specific space this morning, and then being told by someone else 5 minutes before rehearsal that I had to move my car
  • trying to play and watch the monitor at the side of stage so I could follow the conductor for the off stage harp part, only for loads of crew to suddenly stand in front of it and block my view as soon as I start playing
  • finding the person who was looking after my harp outside the backstage door whilst I got my car had buggered off by time I got back with the car

I could go on..... but.....

We've now got a dog! She's a retired guide dog, and she's fab. Great temperament, fantastically clever dog of course, and a real joy. Plus she seems to love all the coming and going of our household, being fussed over by loads of teenagers who hang round our house, and seems to enjoy all the music. We are one noisy household with harp, sax, guitar, bass guitar, double bass and piano, it's never quiet for long!

Nothing like a wonderful dog to calm you down. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment