David Snell ~ harpyness

Sunday, 9 October 2011

David Snell

Nice little video footage from 1964 of Johnny Scott Quintet, with David Snell on harp.


I remember the very first harp recording I ever bought when I was really young (on cassette tape!!!) from Woolworths, was of David Snell playing 'hits' on the harp.

I can't remember the name of the recording now, but it had pieces like "Tie a Yellow Ribbon", and other similiar middle of the road tunes on it.

I wore that cassette tape out playing it over and over again and thought it was the best thing ever.

Does anyone else remember that recording? I think it was solo harp with orchestral backing.... mid 70's recording.... There can't have been that many harp recordings readily available in shops like Woolworths back then?

I'd love to listen to it again!

1 comment:

  1. this is the one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xggwOM4xRBI was just looking into it as I'm digging the track "guitar man"

    ReplyDelete