Merry Kissing aka advanced lever harp rep ~ harpyness

Sunday, 4 December 2011

Merry Kissing aka advanced lever harp rep

I've been teaching harp for years and years, and until about 5 years ago I always found that my students once they got to about grade 4-5 standard they moved from a lever harp to a pedal harp. I'm ashamed to say I didn't really know any of the high intermediate to advanced lever harp repertoire at all.

So for the past few years I've started exploring the advanced lever harp repertoire and there are some really good books out there! I particularly like Kim Robertson's book Treasures of the Celtic Harp. Brilliant arrangements that cover from Grade 5 to Grade 8 with some really fun tricky ones thrown in as well.

This one, Merrily Kiss the Quaker is one of favourites.

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely -- thanks for sharing it! I love Kim's music so it's nice to hear it covered by someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing that one! I have just bought Kim's book too as I'm intending to take the lever harp beyond grade 4 and my teacher's students are mostly on pedal after that, too, I think I will be her first to stay on lever. I'd love it if you could post some more from the Kim Robertson book sometime, I enjoyed your playing very much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete