Robert Maxwell ~ harpyness

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Robert Maxwell

I've just come across a really good article about Robert Maxwell on the jazz harp website.

I must admit to buying a copy of his Ebb Tide when I was a teenager (which I know is lurking somewhere in one of my music cupboards), but never really playing it as I found it too cheesy and preferred playing Misty.


Born in 1921, he studied at the Julliard under Grandjany and became a popular showman harpist and songwriter, apparently more popular in his day than Harpo Marx! Another good article about him here where his music is listed as exotica lounge - Nothing quite like exotica lounge harp - FANTASTIC!!!


Accidental Slip on an Oriental Rug by Robert Maxwell, His Harp & His Orchestra


brilliantly bonkers and of course Ebb Tide 


Still not mad on the tune but great orchestration!


No comments:

Post a Comment