Silly season ~ harpyness

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Silly season

Well the silly season has well and truly arrived. I did my first orchestral Christmas concert on Sunday... yes the 17th November!! The earliest time in the year I have ever played "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" sitting on a stage next to a 13 foot snowman.

A bizarre end to a manic week of concerts with the RLPO of Debussy La Mer, La Valse, Ravel Alborado del Grazioso, a recital with my good friend (and gorgeous soprano), Anna-Clare Monk and a couple of solo harp childrens school workshops thrown in for good measure.

My music stand is bulging with music to practice for the next month and I'm on the Barroca and vitamin tablets already to get me through the season.

A countdown of Britten Ceremony of Carols, Nutcracker Cadenzas, Carol concerts with the RLPO,  Raymond Briggs' The Snowman children concerts and a Harp Duo seasonal spectacular recital thrown in for good measure.

And according to the Daily Express, we are due for 100 days of snow!!!!

Bring on the Mince Pies.


No comments:

Post a Comment