Bartok concerto for orchestra ~ harpyness

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Bartok concerto for orchestra

I've just been practicing two lots of recital music I have coming up with flautist Clare Southworth and my trio Caliente, when I had a niggly feeling I really should be looking at some music for orchestral work I have in a couple of weeks with the CBSO.

 I'm very glad I've dug it out! I do think this has to be one of the hardest second harp parts out there.

There aren't that many notes to play, but every passage has it's scary moments when you play it in the orchestra.

Especially the ones that look like they should be easy on paper.

Last time I played this was with the RLPO and the conductor took off like a rocket for the last section. I nearly had a heart attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment